Vastu for Locker Room
Locker room is one of the most important rooms in the house and determines the prosperity and affluence of the house. While determining the position of the locker room, there are a number of considerations you need to make. According to vastu shastra, locker room should be ideally located in north direction of the house. Everything right from color, size and shape to direction and placement of the room should be correct; else the outflow of money would be greater than the inflow. Also, make sure that the room should be fully secured and safe for keeping cash, jewelry and ornaments. To get detailed information about vasthu for locker room, browse through the tips guidelines given below.
Room – Size Shape
While looking forward to achieving the perfect vaastu for the locker room, the size and shape of the room is the first consideration one needs to think of. Ideally, locker room should be square or rectangular in shape. Odd shaped locker rooms are a strict no-no. These days, due to less space, constructors give least importance to the shape of the room. Triangular or even pentagon sided rooms are a common sight to look at. Apart from ensuring the shape room, one should also make sure that any side of the locker room is not extended. Also, the height of the locker room should not be less than that of other rooms.
The location or positioning of the locker is another important consideration to make. The locker or almirah should idyllically be placed in south side of the room, leaving south-east and south-west of the room. While the locker should have its back towards the south wall, the front side should be facing the north wall. Do not place the locker in north-east corner; else it would cause loss of wealth. South-east and north-west corner are also not preferred either as it can lead to unnecessary expenditure.
While placing the locker in the right direction, make sure that it is about an inch away from the wall. Do not stick it to the wall. Make sure that the locker is about a foot away from the north-west or south-west corner. If the room does not have too much of space, locker or almirah can also be placed in the east direction.
Talking about the doors and windows in the room, the locker room should ideally have only one door with two shutters. While the trend these days is to have doors with one shutter, two shutters doors are considered more auspicious. Ideally, the door of the locker room should be in the north or east direction. The room should not have door in the south-east, south-west, north-west and in south direction. For the windows, they should preferably be in the east and north directions in this room
Though it might sound surprising, but colors also have a story of their own. While some colors are considered auspicious and promising, there are others which are regarded as ominous and ill-fated. Some colors bring in bountiful of riches, prosperity and wealth, there are others that bring in bad luck and misfortune. For the locker room, the color yellow is deemed as the most favorable one. For a perfect vaastu approved space, the wall and floor of the locker rooms should be done in yellow. It is believed that yellow brings in increment in wealth
- North is the most preferable location of the locker room. However, of north cannot be suited, east is the next best location for the locker room.
- Make sure that the locker is not placed under the beam as it outs unnecessary pressure on it.
- Placing locker in any of the corners of the room is a strict no-no.
- The locker rooms should be free from clutter and mess. It should be extremely neat and clean.
- Gold, silver and other valuables should ideally be kept in the western or southern side of the locker.
- A mirror that reflects the locker is a good omen. It is believed to double the opportunity to gain wealth.
- Fountain with gentle sound of the water flowing provides positive energy to the rooms and also increases the inflow of money.
- A birdbath or feeder in house yard to attract wildlife increases the amount of energy around your house as well as brings in wealth.