Vastu for Kitchen
Kitchen is the most effected area of house from where all kind of energies prevails while an expert Vastu consultant would surely identify about the adverse situation of house if kitchen is placed incorrectly. This important part of house must be placed on its corresponding place i.e. South-east governed by element Fire. Kitchen being the important part of home is the primary contributing factor in the general health and well-being of occupants.
Vastu Tips for Kitchen
Some essential things need to be considered in Vastu of kitchen, read out related Vastu tip for kicthen:
- Element Fire governs in the direction South-east, so this portion of house ideal for locating kitchen. However, if choosing alternative then North-west part could be taken for constructing kitchen but avoid making kitchen in any other direction.
- Cooking gas or stove should be placed at South-east in such a way that while cooking the person face East.
- Kitchens in north quadrant tend to affect health female members.
- Place water sink in the North-east with the maximum distance from cooking gas.
- Larger windows in the kitchen should be in Eastern side while small ventilators should be placed in South.
- Provision for water storage and taps should be made in North-east of the kitchen.
- Avoid placing dinning table in the centre of the kitchen instead locate it in the North-west direction.
- The sink should be in the Northeast corner of the kitchen.
- Electric equipment like microwave, oven or refrigerator should be placed in South-west.
- The slope of the water flow should be from Southwest towards Northeast.
- The cylinder should be placed in the Southeast corner.
- The Geyser should be installed on the Southeast side.
- The storage for all the food grains, utensils, the over head almirah should always be on the Southern and the western walls and not on the Northern and the Eastern walls.
- The fridge should be in placed in the Southwest corner of the kitchen.
- A dishwasher can be placed in the north west of the kitchen.
- The exhaust fan should be installed either in the Northwest corner or the South wall.
- There should be no toilets and bathrooms adjoining, and above or below the kitchen.
- The door of the kitchen should never face the door of the toilet.
Best Directions For Kitchen Accessories According To Vastu
|Entry door||North, East, or West||The kitchen door must not be in any of the corners.|
|Gas Cylinder||Southeast||Empty cylinders should be kept in the southwestern direction|
|Cooking Gas||Southeast Corner||
|Refrigerator||Southeast, South, North or West||
|Equipments (e.g.Heaters, Conventional ovens, Microwaves, ovens)||Southeast or South||Equipments must never be kept in the northeast portion|
|Storing Racks||Western or Southern wall||Commodities such as, grain, pulses, and spices, must be stored in the west or south.|
|Sink||North-East corner||The water source such as, water filter or pitcher, should be kept in the northeast.|
|Windows and Exhaust fan||East direction||The bigger windows should always be constructed in the eastern direction, while smaller ones must be towards south.|
|Clocks||South or Southwest Wall||–|
Flooring For The Kitchen
- Ceramic tiles
Color Scheme According To Vastu For Kitchen
The color of the walls should be-
Avoid using the color black in your kitchen.
Things To Avoid
- The kitchen must never be below or above a bathroom/toilet.
- The toilet and kitchen must never share a common wall. Both the defects can have adverse effect on the resident’s health.
- Kitchen must never face the main entrance of the house.
- The kitchen must never be located in the North or North East as this can badly affect a person’s career.
- As per vastu for kitchen, mid-north, northeast, mid-west, mid-south, southwest, and the center of a house should never be used for constructing a kitchen.
- The Pooja room or temple must never be above the stove or kitchen sink as it brings bad luck.
- Stove in the kitchen must not be visible from outside.
We have to take care of the following points while studying about the vastu of the kitchen. Vastu consultation of kitchen involves thorough analysis.
- Proper location of the kitchen in the house
- The direction of the Entrance
- The direction & placement of the windows
- The direction & placement of the cooking gas
- The direction to face while cooking
- The direction & placement of the sink
- The direction & placement of gyser
- The direction & placement of the refrigerator
- The direction & placement of the electric equipments
- The direction & placement of the gas cylinders
- The direction & placement of storage
- The colour scheme of the kitchen
source : myvastu.in