Vastu for Flats
The architecture of flats should follow the guidelines laid by Vastu Shashtra or it can have a damaging affect on our lives. You can invite calamities in your life, if you chose to ignore Vastu advice while building a flat for yourself. Vastu helps to make your living comfortable in flats and prevent illness and other dangers from creeping into your life or relationships. The article brings some very important guidelines to be kept in mind while planning the architecture of a flat. Go through them and know the right Vasthu for flats, to make your life happy and prosperous.
Vaastu Tips For Flat
- According to Vaastu, the master bedrooms should be in the southwest corner of the house. If the house has more than one floor, then the master bedroom should be on the topmost floor. The ceiling should be in level; as it makes the energy of the room uniform and helps the occupants keep a steady state of mind.
- The children’s room should be constructed in the northwest corner. No bedroom should be located in the southwest direction.
- The bathroom should be constructed in the west or south direction and its drains should flow towards northeast.
- The drawing room should be in northwest, south or west direction. The furniture should be placed in south and west directions. Maximum open space should be in north and east directions.
- The kitchen must be situated in the fire angle, i.e. in southeast. The cook should face east while cooking. The water tap in kitchen should be in the northeast direction.
- Northeast, northwest, north, west, east corners are best for a study room. If the study room and place of worship room are adjacent, then it is considered most favorable.
- The store room should be constructed in the southern part of the building. Grain and other provisions can be stored in the kitchen or in other rooms and cupboards. Things should not be stored in box beds, because it causes sleeping disorders.
- Daily wastes from the kitchen should be kept covered in the southwest corner of the kitchen.
- The doors should be in the north and east. The waves emerging from the doors affect the mind of a person who enters from the door.
- Guest room should be in the northwest direction. The room in this direction is also considered suitable for unmarried girls.
- The rooms in the northern part of the house should be larger than the rooms in the southern side, by 6-9 inches, and lower by 1-3 inches. The ideal height of the rooms should be 12-14 feet. The main door should be larger than the inner doors and all doors should open facing the walls.
- All windows should be, at least, 3 feet above ground level, and at the same level from the top. Window openings should be on the northern and eastern sides of the buildings.